Kevin's Dead Cat

After surgery sliced off an entire tumor and 1/3 of my tongue, plus six weeks of radiation therapy, I've been re-learning how to eat, drink, and talk with my newly re-constructed tongue and coping with side effects. But the cancer came back and I don't know what's going to happen next.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

I don't want life to imitate art. I want life to be art.

Sunday, July 10, 2005

Other details

The blood tests before Chemo showed some mild anemia. So now I'm on Procrit. Nurse Marilou was very excited about it. She asssured us that it would really help with my energy level. I get an injection once a week.

I've been sleeping comfortably on my right side for the past few days now. It feels so great. But I'm still not sleeping through the night. James says I've gotten up a couple of nights still dreaming. That's the new goal, sleep through the night without waking up.

I missed Ali's very special party at Cole's this past Friday. I think I got a little too eager, and ended up wearing myself out. But Ali came by the next day and filled me in. Sorry I couldn't make it, everyone.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Laura,

I have been reading your blog through its inception as my wife was also diagnosed with tongue cancer. To control the pain she was pescribed a morphine patch which comes in different potencies. The 50 mg patch has been very effective in controlling the pain. The patch has a glue backing and can go pretty much anywhere on the body. It requires changing every three days.

I am happy hear you are feeling better.

July 11, 2005 12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home