Kevin's Dead Cat

After surgery sliced off an entire tumor and 1/3 of my tongue, plus six weeks of radiation therapy, I've been re-learning how to eat, drink, and talk with my newly re-constructed tongue and coping with side effects. But the cancer came back and I don't know what's going to happen next.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

I don't want life to imitate art. I want life to be art.

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

More tubes

Laura had a temporary feeding tube installed today through her nasal passage. It went really smoothly and so far she's having no problems with it. Marilu, Laura's nurse did it right here in our home. We're going to see how Laura feels after a few days of using this tube, then she'll be able to decide if she wants a more permanent version that taps directly into her stomach. I'm really hopeful that this will help increase her strength and make things easier on her, since she won't have to swallow all those pills.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is this you James?
Thank you for giving us an update on Laura's nutrition.

There are quite a few of us out here that have affection for her and for you!

May I extend my kind support.... maybe like lots of bird wings beating....to your days to come.

June 22, 2005 9:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

James, you're simply the best.

Thanks for letting us know.

June 23, 2005 8:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for your support everyone. We really appreciate all the kindness people have shown.

June 23, 2005 1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home