Kevin's Dead Cat

After surgery sliced off an entire tumor and 1/3 of my tongue, plus six weeks of radiation therapy, I've been re-learning how to eat, drink, and talk with my newly re-constructed tongue and coping with side effects. But the cancer came back and I don't know what's going to happen next.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

I don't want life to imitate art. I want life to be art.

Sunday, July 03, 2005

The Game

So let's talk about medication. Never liked it; always tried to avoid it; can't really now; but dammit I am so grateful to just be taking a sleeping pill so I can simply sleep!

I have a new theme song. It stops me from howling uncontrollably while I wait for the morphine to drop my pain level from 7 to 2. It's "The Game" by Queen. There's just something about the guitar solo; simple, slow, classic. But don't panic. I just got it this morning. Maybe I'll wake up with a new one in my head tomorrow morning.

I need a good book, too. I've been watching too much TV. But for some reason, I'm hooked on "Felicity" on the WE Channel. It's the season where she's got short hair and she's dating Ben (finally!). And no, I haven't gotten around to watching an episode of "McLoed's Daughters." I hear it's a not bad series, but I don't know.

Anything on the Sci-Fi Channel... not so much. Which is a very good thing. Can you imagine the hell of being awake at 3am every morning hallucinating anything having to do with my cancer from "Star Gate: Atlantis", "Star Trek:TNG", or "The X-Files"?!!! Hell, I was up all night once after making the mistake of watching this very cheesy 90s miniseries called "Bella Mafia", and it was not a fun night.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

welcome back!!! i missed your posts!

if you are looking for something long and distracting, i could not put down 'the memoirs of cleopatra' by margaret george - it was truly amazing. the new chuck paluniak 'diary' is awesome too.

July 04, 2005 1:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Romance novels by Judith McNaught are usually fun to read. Happy 4th of July.

July 04, 2005 4:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Cunt: A Declaration of Independence" might keep you entertained when you are in a feminsit mood. I'm almost done and I think it's fabulous, for the most part. A bit extreme at times but the revolutionary in me likes to be talked to once in a while. I will mail it to you when I am done.

XOXO- Evelyn

July 05, 2005 11:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's been way too long since i endured a heart-jabbing poke at my wardrobe from you - i'm really starting to miss them. If it makes you feel any better, i just now started wearing that black "johnny cash" shirt that i like so much.

I really miss you...

July 05, 2005 11:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi Laura. catching up on your eloquent posts and looking forward to catching up in person one day soon. here's a couple laughs in the meantime: http://www.zippyvideos.com/153109597471325.html
and so random but SO funny: http://www.onion.com/slideshow/index.php?show=8&slide=5&issue=4126
I almost pissed myself. love, Amy

July 05, 2005 3:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOATHE this language, as you well know. Pls tell your "friends" to wash their mouths out with soap. No one with taste wants to read this.

We all pray for your happiness, of course, but now that you're so very very happy, WHAT'S NEXT? I believe that happiness is supposed to be shared. In one way or another.

James, you are a true gentleman.

July 06, 2005 3:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi all!
Very nice site.
chess online
online http://chess.xbuv.info/ chess news
Bye

December 11, 2006 10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home