Kevin's Dead Cat

After surgery sliced off an entire tumor and 1/3 of my tongue, plus six weeks of radiation therapy, I've been re-learning how to eat, drink, and talk with my newly re-constructed tongue and coping with side effects. But the cancer came back and I don't know what's going to happen next.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

I don't want life to imitate art. I want life to be art.

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Taking it Outside

The Genie is out of the bottle: Laura thinks of "offing" herself. My hospice team called to update me on the latest changes to my paliattive care. That's what I need to cheer me up: timing and dosage decisions with narcotics.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear laura:
What are latest changes to your palliative care?
Will the medicines help you to live easier?

June 17, 2005 9:13 PM  
Blogger clowny said...

basically, tw0 30mg morphine tabs and 2 .5 anti-anxiety tabs if I awake in the middle of the night. Morphine helps take the edge off, but I should be meditating more.

June 17, 2005 11:06 PM  
Blogger clowny said...

I've been asked to take two 30mg morphine tablets, and two .5mg anti-anxiety tablets before bedtime. I'm still not meditating enough, though.

I'm sure the morphine takes the edge off a lot

June 17, 2005 11:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that combination of morphine and anti anxiety medication bringing you comfort?

Sounds like a good plan to take the meds before bed rather than if you wake up and take them.

Everything can be a meditation, a passage to what is next.

Thank you for writing, posting comments and keeping up with your blog!

June 18, 2005 12:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would think that morphine might help take the edge off.
And you probably need to meditate more.

June 18, 2005 4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home