Kevin's Dead Cat

After surgery sliced off an entire tumor and 1/3 of my tongue, plus six weeks of radiation therapy, I've been re-learning how to eat, drink, and talk with my newly re-constructed tongue and coping with side effects. But the cancer came back and I don't know what's going to happen next.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

I don't want life to imitate art. I want life to be art.

Thursday, June 23, 2005

Next Monday

Laura's scheduled for Monday to have a more permanent feeding tube installed. It will go directly to her stomach and should actually be more comfortable than the temporary one she has now. The surgery is very quick and she should be able to come home the same day--no hospital stay, which is a relief.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello james, and laura, just wanted to let you know i have the two of you in my thoughts to the universe for good things to come and have been dedicating my yoga practice to your healing. I hope the process of reversing the negative has begun. take care, love carolyn l.

June 23, 2005 1:33 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Hi Laura and James. I wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you. I worry about you, even though I am thousands of miles away and we have never met. Keep taking care of yourself. You have so many people on your side.

June 23, 2005 7:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi James and Laura, I am catching up on you two today. I hope the feeding tube helps up your weight and stamina Laura. And James, how is the second level coming? All my best. love geo

June 24, 2005 1:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know you in person but you are in my thoughts daily. I am in awe of your bravery and ability to express yourself in words. I wish for you and James everything that brings you both peace and calmness.

June 24, 2005 4:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Laura and James, thinking of you and glad to have the news. Are there two Carolyn's writing to you?? I'll be Carolyn E, for East Coast, you could say.
Strength and courage, all you need, is what I wish for you.
Good night, sweet dreams.
Carolyn E.

June 25, 2005 7:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Laura,

I used to be a regular at Cole's.. an inveterate Hawkhead ~ Randall's girlfriend. I was "California Dreamin'" today online (searching out things Downtown LA and came across (thanks Rob Waller for making that phrase oh-so colorful) your blog. I am sending you hugs and happiness from the east coast with knowledge that your life is meaningful and rich.

Mona (who loves the "Alice-down-the-rabbit-hole feel of Cole's)

June 27, 2005 11:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home