Kevin's Dead Cat

After surgery sliced off an entire tumor and 1/3 of my tongue, plus six weeks of radiation therapy, I've been re-learning how to eat, drink, and talk with my newly re-constructed tongue and coping with side effects. But the cancer came back and I don't know what's going to happen next.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

I don't want life to imitate art. I want life to be art.

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Chemo, part III

Even though we got a late start because there were fewer staff this morning, the IV bags flowed like the Nile and we were able to get out of the Chemo Clinic at a decent hour. Maybe time flew because my body has become faster at absorbing stuff because of the feeding tubes. Dr. B is still pleased that I haven't had any nausea. I'll probably get my next CT Scan after the next Chemo Cycle and we'll see if there's been any shrinkage of the tumor.

New activities: practice drinking water in the normal way, artificially clearing my throat in the most efficient and pain-free way, and being happily back on the Chinese herbs in a big way. I also got a new pair of glasses, so I won't have to worry so much about my eyes. I was also able to meditate for a good 15 minutes. My sister came over in the afternoon to keep me company, and my cousin in the Bay Area sent me a beautiful bouquet that reminds me of Van Gogh in the South of France.

Today was a good day.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Laura, touching base, and glad to have your news.
We are enjoying cool temps here after torrential rains yesterday and high-heat-humidity last week. Can't make up its mind, like many things in life.
Please accept an e-hug and let my good wishes slither through the wires or space or whatever connects us, me to you. Take care,
Carolyn

July 07, 2005 7:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Laura, I am glad you like the flowers. They do remind me of Provence and Van Gogh...that's why I picked them! You can never go wrong with those colors!

I have been thinking of you lately and wish you well.

Hugs and kisses to you and James,
Shauneen and the rest rest of my crazy crew :-)
shauneens@sbcglobal.net

July 07, 2005 8:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laura,
Sorry we will miss you this weekend at Cole's. You are always close at heart...I recently took a look at your bachelorette party pics, and had a few laughs. Highly reccommended! We had such a ball. Have fun with Ali, and everyone else involved in the debauchery. Take care-Paloma

July 07, 2005 8:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, also, before I forget...Happy Birthday!
Shauneen

July 07, 2005 10:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Laura! How are you doing? I miss your posts. Did the Chemo help? Best Regards.

July 09, 2005 4:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A fantastic blog yours. Keep it up.
If you have a moment, please visit my video game site.
I send you warm regards and wish you continued success.

July 11, 2006 3:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home