Kevin's Dead Cat

After surgery sliced off an entire tumor and 1/3 of my tongue, plus six weeks of radiation therapy, I've been re-learning how to eat, drink, and talk with my newly re-constructed tongue and coping with side effects. But the cancer came back and I don't know what's going to happen next.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

I don't want life to imitate art. I want life to be art.

Monday, June 27, 2005

Feeding tube, again

Laura's gastric feeding tube was installed this morning. The procedure went smoothly. She's home already and resting, tired and a bit uncomfortable, but recovering. The discomfort should go away over a few days and with any luck she won't be so tired, now that she can eat more. She's able to use the tube right away and will be having regular liquid meals and all her medication. Thanks everyone for all your comments.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

James, thank you for posting!
Give my best to Laura - Agnieszka

June 27, 2005 5:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wishing you the best laura, thinking of you and hoping you'll have lots more energy soon. miss your posts.

June 27, 2005 10:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laura, i glad everything went okay, let me know if you need more of the shakes. i am trying win you a present right now. i will see you Thursday.
love, Ali

June 28, 2005 8:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad the procedure went smoothly. Laura, I've been having dreams about you in which we just laugh and laugh about nonsense. I can't wait to see you again...Love, Ev

June 28, 2005 10:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love, hugs, warm cozy feelings, fuzzy bunnies... They're all things in my mind & heart and they’re all being sent your way. You're both beautiful and strong people. Stay-up.
John L

June 29, 2005 3:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss your posts Laura. Hang in there. Happy 4th of July.

July 01, 2005 2:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you ever seen Asparagus this BIG
They grow up to 15in long and 2in wide.
patio gardening

October 08, 2005 8:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Discount Hydro!

November 06, 2005 5:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you are over 65 years of age, you may be more likely to experience side effects from . Your doctor may prescribe a lower dose of the medication.Butalbital

March 13, 2006 2:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, my name is Jesse and I used to be overweight. In fact, I lost all self confidence at some stage and all my friends too. Now, a few weeks later, after finding Hoodia-Product, I feel much better because it controls your appetite. So http //www.hoodia-product.info/ helped me. Do you realize how nice it is? Not having a weight problem. Finally I can smile again. That is why I am so happy. - Please visit http //www.hoodia-product.info/

May 02, 2006 12:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home