Kevin's Dead Cat

After surgery sliced off an entire tumor and 1/3 of my tongue, plus six weeks of radiation therapy, I've been re-learning how to eat, drink, and talk with my newly re-constructed tongue and coping with side effects. But the cancer came back and I don't know what's going to happen next.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

I don't want life to imitate art. I want life to be art.

Saturday, July 02, 2005

OK, so here's your new post Agnieszka

I haven't been posting most of June because the drugs they've been giving me after the stomach tube made me disoriented, and worse. I can tell when I type because the spatial orientation of each letter is different as I'm typing them down on white. But I've been weening myself off the drugs, which is a damn good thing. They made me disoriented, delusional, paranoid.

Right now, I'm climbing out of a deep blue funk. The stomach tube is great because I'm finally getting strength back. But the throat trache is still a pain in the ass.

My next chemo session is next Wednesday. I really need something drastic to happen after this next session. I haven't been getting sick (nausea, vomiting) but I really need this tumor to shrink, or do something. I'm so angry most of the time. Nothing really bad is happening, but I want some sort of sign, any difference in my condition that will tell me that the drugs are making some sort of difference.

I want shrinkage of the tumor, to be able to get rid of the throat trache and stomach tube, and have a Teriyake Burger at Islands with a large Diet Coke.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

screw Islands, you need get better for Vegas...i found a great sushi bar Okada at the Wynn hotel. we get comps now and i need my partner in crime next to me...golf is also a comp. lets play...love you ali

July 02, 2005 6:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back to your blog!
You have been mightily missed.

July 02, 2005 6:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are feeling better.

July 02, 2005 8:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to hear you again - I'm glad I complained about the silence!
Great to hear that you are getting your strength back, forget the Diet part of Coke, keep gaining weight - until the next time - Agnieszka

July 02, 2005 11:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you are feeling a little better. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.-Kathy (Angel's friend)

July 02, 2005 11:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi
Very nice site.
dollar news
video http://dollar.xbuv.info/ dollar online
Bye

December 11, 2006 10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home