Kevin's Dead Cat

After surgery sliced off an entire tumor and 1/3 of my tongue, plus six weeks of radiation therapy, I've been re-learning how to eat, drink, and talk with my newly re-constructed tongue and coping with side effects. But the cancer came back and I don't know what's going to happen next.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

I don't want life to imitate art. I want life to be art.

Monday, May 09, 2005

Mrs. Adams

We haven't gotten any pictures yet. But believe me, it was the most beautiful wedding I've ever been to. And it was my own!!! It was easily the best night of my entire life.

The weather was perfect, the food was perfect, and everyone looked so happy and beautiful. The ceremony began a little late because of my hair, but the flowers and candlelight looked just as romantic at night as they would have at sunset.

James looked so handsome. I tried looking around at the guests as I walked down the aisle, just to be able to remember as much of the evening as I could. But as soon as I had a clear shot of James, I couldn't take my eyes off him. One of his friends said that I was beaming through the entire ceremony.

Evelyn caught the bouquet and John L. snagged the garter. We had a candlelight procession to Cole's, where the party continued. I love James' friends. I met a few of them at different times before, but they were so sweet that night. Scott, who I hadn't seen in 3 years, was so much fun. I had no idea he knew how to dance!

So many people complimented us on the ceremony. They asked about the music, the poems that were read, who's idea was what. But the best part is that everyone seemed so happy to be there. A few people cried during the ceremony, but then they started crying all over again talking about it afterwards, too.

And finally, after six years of bugging him about it, James danced with me. It wouldn't have happened if Catherine hadn't insisted, so thank you, Cat! There was no conga line or chicken dance, but cousin Angel started giving lap dances, Adam began drumming on light fixtures, and a speaker fell right off the wall. Oh yeah, and James' friends are really good kissers!

Everything else would fall under the heading "You had to be there." And I am so glad I was.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Mrs. Adams, Thank you for the lovely party Saturday night. It was ever so much fun! haha...I think the highlight of my night was a)seeing you and James dance and b)the Big Lebowski "Jesus" song that made several people seriously get down and Adam perform his spontaneous lighting fixture drum solo. I think I might have cried I laughed so hard (better than peeing, right?). I think maybe you missed the impromptu champagne dousing that took place between Lauren and I but it's probably better only the 2 of us got wet hair. Congratulations again!!! -Amy
P.S. You looked amazing :)

May 09, 2005 2:35 PM  
Blogger clowny said...

Oh no! Please don't tell me that our first dance was to "Hotel California" by the Gypsy Kings. James can't be absolutely sure but he thinks it was some other song.

Can anyone else out there confirm or deny our first dance song?

May 10, 2005 7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home