Kevin's Dead Cat

After surgery sliced off an entire tumor and 1/3 of my tongue, plus six weeks of radiation therapy, I've been re-learning how to eat, drink, and talk with my newly re-constructed tongue and coping with side effects. But the cancer came back and I don't know what's going to happen next.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

I don't want life to imitate art. I want life to be art.

Friday, April 22, 2005

See Laura's friend rock!

Longest Lunch Theater Company Kicks off its First Annual Eat It Festival!

East Village - Eat It begins its first annual weekend of comedy on May 27, 2005. Produced by the New York-based non-profit Artistic Evolucion, Inc., Eat It is a creative collaboration of the Longest Lunch Theater Company and independent artists from across the country.

Also featured is Artistic Evolucion’s, Allegra McBane, in Rainbows and Razorblades: Cabaret with Vicki Moonbeam.

In Rainbows and Razorblades: Cabaret with Vicki Moonbeam, Allegra McBane takes the audience on a journey through the heartbreak and sorrow of love with her unique renditions of classics. Born with little to no natural talent of her own, Vicki Moonbeam has been enchanting audiences on the assisted living circuit across the Northeast for two years. Come hear her tales of woe set to music, and enjoy a free PBR, her signature drink—with price of admission.

Eat It wraps up its weekend of theater and comedy with the Best of the Fest variety show of festival-featured artists, new faces, burlesque performances, and much much more.

Eat It will take place on May 27 and May 28 at the Red Room in the East Village, 85 E. 4th Street between 2nd & 3rd Avenues, 3rd Floor (no wheelchair access) and Best of the Fest on May 29 at the Slipper Room, 167 Orchard Avenue. For advance tickets and more information, please visit our website, www.eatitfestival.org.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

laura laura laura! this comment has nothing to do with your friend rocking! but best of luck to her!! I actually just brought myself up to speed on your doings...whew. When can I meet your ***fiance***James? Will you guys be at Cole's tomorrow? So many emotions. you're doing great. can I help fatten you up?

April 26, 2005 5:38 PM  
Blogger clowny said...

I'll be at Cole's but James has to work on end of semester projects. Don't worry, there'll be plenty opportunity to meet James.

Feed me, Seymour!

April 27, 2005 9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home