Kevin's Dead Cat

After surgery sliced off an entire tumor and 1/3 of my tongue, plus six weeks of radiation therapy, I've been re-learning how to eat, drink, and talk with my newly re-constructed tongue and coping with side effects. But the cancer came back and I don't know what's going to happen next.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

I don't want life to imitate art. I want life to be art.

Thursday, April 28, 2005

"C" is for cookies, and cookies are for me

True to her word, Amy showed up at Cole's with a box full of homemade chocolate chip cookies. They were excellent. Then Chuck (who promises to come to the wedding dressed as Al Pacino) broke out the blender and mixed my favorite milkshake. The ingredients are a secret, and we haven't really named the drink yet. But as long as he makes them I'll drink them. At this rate, I'll have no problems fitting into the wedding dress. Nine more days and counting!

I gave James two more wedding presents tonight: a coffee mug from the Venetian LV and Nick Cave's latest CD. The first gift I gave days ago; I told him I would take his name. I have two more gifts waiting in the wings. As the wedding is getting closer, we've been getting more affectionate; like high school kids. It's so odd that after six years I can still get giddy just looking at him. I think I'm going to enjoy being married.

I told Ali on the way to Vegas that things have been feeling so right since James and I decided to get married that I should've married him three years ago. Ali said no, because then he couldn't be my Maid of Honor. I guess things do happen for a reason.

John and Paloma have agreed to send me off with a couple of lap dances next week. And Chuck, Andrew, and Catherine have agreed to witness/participate in the blessed event. So while James is at his bachelor party, I guess I'll be at my first strip club.

How much do you tip for a lap dance, anyway?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, usually they cost $20. I've never tipped on top of that but that's b/c I'm poor. You'll be well taken care of! wink wink. ha ha - John L

April 29, 2005 2:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just you wait darlin'. You may even get a lap dance from me if you play yer cards right! I'm working on your crown this weekend. He, he.

April 29, 2005 7:05 PM  
Blogger clowny said...

John, I've decided to make an exception to my long-standing girlfriend rule... give Paloma my cell phone number!

Another new rule: anyone who buys the bride a lap dance gets a lap dance from the bride.

April 30, 2005 11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home