Kevin's Dead Cat

After surgery sliced off an entire tumor and 1/3 of my tongue, plus six weeks of radiation therapy, I've been re-learning how to eat, drink, and talk with my newly re-constructed tongue and coping with side effects. But the cancer came back and I don't know what's going to happen next.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

I don't want life to imitate art. I want life to be art.

Saturday, May 07, 2005

Last words before the plunge

I finally made it to a strip club the other night. Sam's Hofbrau in Los Angeles would be Cole's if Cole's had strippers. The vibe inside was eerily similar. There were women doing things with their ass I never saw before... and in perfect time to the music!!!

The original plan was to score lap dances, but the only girl I wanted one from spent nearly all her time with a guy who was throwing bills at her to make sure she stayed with him. But when it was her time on the pole, Chuck, Paloma and I left our booth and sat ringside. When she saw the crown and bouquet Paloma made for me she exclaimed, "Oh, you're getting married! Congratulations!" I scored two hugs, a kiss on the cheek, and a bite on my ear! I forget how many bills I stuffed in her g-string, but it was kinda fun. She was just so nice!

But I felt that if I got a lap dance from her, it would only make me sad. Not sure exactly why, but it's for a lot of reasons. We didn't stay long because I've been feeling tired earlier and earlier. But I did have fun.

Last night was the rehearsal. We both got teary during the 2nd run-through because we said our vows. Catherine and Celia cried, too. It's going to be a beautiful wedding. I still can't believe I'm going to have a husband before the day is out.

Leslie, Laurence, and Ryan threw an excellent rehearsal dinner. They grilled chicken and asparagus, and there was polenta with mushroom ragout. It was soooo great. AND Leslie made her awesome chocolate mousse. James made a speech thanking everyone, and made my sister cry again.

Eight more hours to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home