Kevin's Dead Cat

After surgery sliced off an entire tumor and 1/3 of my tongue, plus six weeks of radiation therapy, I've been re-learning how to eat, drink, and talk with my newly re-constructed tongue and coping with side effects. But the cancer came back and I don't know what's going to happen next.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

I don't want life to imitate art. I want life to be art.

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

I had a full tank o' unleaded

Saturday night, after closing the bar at 3am, Ali and I drove off for Las Vegas. The original plan was to drive the entire way, but after babysitting two drunk musicians at Cole's, Ali decided that we should fly out of Ontario Airport instead. So we caught a 6am flight.

We gambled, I ate, scored a day at the spa, and a little black dress at Kenneth Cole. Ali introduced us to all of his dealers and pit bosses, telling EVERYBODY he was my Maid of Honor.

Kimberly flew in the following afternoon, and Ali treated us to an amazing dinner at The Palm @ Caesar's Palace. I had an enormous 3 lb. lobster! We were quite a sight: a Persian guy with a tall, blue-eyed blond and a tiny Asian. He kept making "How much for your women?" jokes because of the the stares we caught.

It was easily the most fun I've ever had in Vegas. Ali insisted on travelling strictly by limo everywhere, threw bills right and left, and made damn sure I ate. If we had Dr. McNicoll's email address, Ali wouldn've sent him pictures of me at every meal from his camera phone.

You haven't been to Las Vegas until you've been there with Ali. He's the best Maid of Honor... EVER!

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

ei clowny, lobsters spike up your appetite? come on down i'll catch some for you...i love ali too! ;)

April 27, 2005 6:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you post some Vegas pictures?

April 29, 2005 9:52 PM  
Blogger clowny said...

You want me to post pictures from Vegas? Sorry, we didn't take any since we were, Hello!... IN VEGAS.

April 30, 2005 11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home