Kevin's Dead Cat

After surgery sliced off an entire tumor and 1/3 of my tongue, plus six weeks of radiation therapy, I've been re-learning how to eat, drink, and talk with my newly re-constructed tongue and coping with side effects. But the cancer came back and I don't know what's going to happen next.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

I don't want life to imitate art. I want life to be art.

Sunday, April 17, 2005

12 days

James and I have been engaged for 12 days, and we're so happy. We told my parents yesterday that we were getting married. The word "shocked" isn't strong enough to describe their reaction. But they like James, so it wasn't a bad surprise. The bad surprise was telling them that Ali is my Maid of Honor. Over lunch, James asked my brother Angel to be his Best Man.

My wonderful, amazing, crazy friends are throwing me a wedding. The reception and ceremony will be at Adam's penthouse, right on the roof of my building, and the party afterwards will be at Cole's, Leslie and Laurence are hosting the rehearsal dinner right across the hall, Allan is officiating, Paul M. is singing, and it's all so unbelievable that no one believes me when I first tell them.

How the hell did I deserve to be surrounded by the most amazing people ever?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home