Kevin's Dead Cat

After surgery sliced off an entire tumor and 1/3 of my tongue, plus six weeks of radiation therapy, I've been re-learning how to eat, drink, and talk with my newly re-constructed tongue and coping with side effects. But the cancer came back and I don't know what's going to happen next.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

I don't want life to imitate art. I want life to be art.

Thursday, April 14, 2005

CTScan Results

Good news! The cancer cells haven't spread to any other parts of my body. It felt really great to give my friends some good news.

As promised, Romain met me at Dr. McNicoll's office. James came along as well. Dr. McNicoll and I talked about pain management, the irritation on my tongue (due to the tumor), the tumor as it appears now (half on the reconstructed tissue, half on my original tongue), and sending any medical records to other cancer facilities/hospitals. I made him laugh when I told him that I named my tumor. We also talked about clinical trials, symptoms if things make a turn for the worse, and Steve McQueen. I love Steve McQueen.

He told me to keep up the great attitude, and to call after my appointment with Dr. B this afternoon.

I cooked dinner for James and Adam last night. It was an opportunity to use the black truffles I bought last week. We shaved some over risotto, it was wonderful. Then we hung out at Cole's with Ali. Mike came by after work and finally met James.

They had Manhattans, Chimay, Woo-woo's, and then champagne up at Adam's place while I sat back and laughed. It was so great seeing some of my favorite people having a good time. This is my idea of medicine.

2 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

Dear Laura,
I have been 'lurking' on your blog for a couple of weeks now (I hope you don't mind) and I was so happy to see your post this evening. You seem to have a very strong and wonderful support system, and that so important. I will continue to keep you in my thoughts.

April 14, 2005 5:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good info

January 24, 2006 4:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home