Kevin's Dead Cat

After surgery sliced off an entire tumor and 1/3 of my tongue, plus six weeks of radiation therapy, I've been re-learning how to eat, drink, and talk with my newly re-constructed tongue and coping with side effects. But the cancer came back and I don't know what's going to happen next.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

I don't want life to imitate art. I want life to be art.

Thursday, December 16, 2004

Pizza Night

Dinner last night was great. We polished off four pizzas and three bottles of wine. Celia, John, Katherine, Chuck and Andrew showed up, and with homemade oatmeal raisin cookies! By the end of the evening, the hallway smelled like a pizzeria.

We sat around on Moroccan bean bags and I served the food on my big wooden coffee table. It was very chill. Katherine, Andrew, and Chuck came up with a plan to build a loft in the northwest corner of my space. It would be about 8 feet off the floor so you can see the view out the high windows. But that depends a lot on how much money I have after the holidays and whether I'm willing to deal with more contractors. They didn't talk too much about the vault itself, but that's alright. It was great just having friends over for food again.

I'm thinking of having either a tamale making party (complete with a very sturdy blender for margaritas) or paella night for next time.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

it was a good time for sure. The pizzas were very very yum yum. Thanks so much. Your place will be pretty sweet once it's all put together. I'm so jealous.
Take care
The Hornivore
http://www.okcupid.com/oktest

December 16, 2004 3:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me love Pizza...yummm. P is Pizza...and Pizza is for me.

December 17, 2004 2:40 PM  
Blogger dolce said...

Let the dinner parties begin! Glad to hear the loft is finally in order. I'm coming over just as soon as I get back. Although now I feel pressure to bring over some homemade cookies....

Sol

December 18, 2004 2:00 PM  
Blogger clowny said...

If you ever come back to LA! It sounds like you're having entirely too much fun in Argentina. But I bought my dining set this weekend. So come on over when you get back. My kitchen is ALWAYS pizza-ready.

December 20, 2004 9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home