Kevin's Dead Cat

After surgery sliced off an entire tumor and 1/3 of my tongue, plus six weeks of radiation therapy, I've been re-learning how to eat, drink, and talk with my newly re-constructed tongue and coping with side effects. But the cancer came back and I don't know what's going to happen next.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

I don't want life to imitate art. I want life to be art.

Tuesday, November 30, 2004

First Day of Freedom

It was great not leaving the office at noon today. Good thing the treatments are over, because there was a lot of work to get done. There are some network/software transitions going on in the office, which means I won't have Internet access during the day. So for the next two days, you won't be able to reach me at my office e-mail account, just my Blackberry and cel.

Because I can't spend each month wearing one suit over and over again, I am determined to maintain the same weight for at least the next 30 days. Plus I'm afraid of losing "the girls" if I shrink any further.

Today's menu was
breakfast: lemon yogurt, 1 egg sunny-side-up, 1 biscuit w/gravy, BIG coffee
lunch: stir-fried tofu w/ground pork and peas, black tea, BIG coffee
dinner: cottage cheese, green tea

I tried eating the tuna burger that came with the cottage cheese, but my tongue picked that exact moment to start burning. The good news is that I was able to taste some of the tartar sauce before it turned into battery acid. It's a good thing I have a high threshold for pain otherwise I would've been bawling at the cafe. However, the heavy Codeine use and force feeding will commence.

I bought a refrigerator after work. It's a black Whirlpool with stainless steel doors. Matches the boots I got yesterday. I think I'm more excited about the Whirlpool than the clothes, though. It gives me hope that I'll start tasting more things sooner than later.

3 Comments:

Blogger dolce said...

I'm so glad it's all over! Hopefully you'll continue feeling better every day, so when I get back we can go out and celebrate with something very tasty. Take care!

Sol

December 04, 2004 11:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi - I really like your website. I have one on martial art clipart here is the link to it. Come visit it and let me know what you think.

October 24, 2005 8:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Many of the products are physician formulated!

November 08, 2005 6:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home