Kevin's Dead Cat

After surgery sliced off an entire tumor and 1/3 of my tongue, plus six weeks of radiation therapy, I've been re-learning how to eat, drink, and talk with my newly re-constructed tongue and coping with side effects. But the cancer came back and I don't know what's going to happen next.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

I don't want life to imitate art. I want life to be art.

Sunday, December 12, 2004

Resolutions

My friend Allegra came by the loft today. She hadn't seen me since she moved to New York. It kinda floored her how much weight I had lost since. It got me thinking of my New Year's Resolution last year: lose weight.

I had actually started the diet/exercise thing before the diagnosis because my GP said that if I wanted to keep drinking whiskey AND my liver, I would have to lose weight. So this being the first year that weight loss isn't a resolution I am left with only one directive: Be very careful what I wish for.

The radiation burns on my face are fading in some places and getting darker in others. I'm still using the Biafin the doctor prescribed, but in combination with this wierd creme my mother brought back from China. It contains sheep placenta, which is supposed to be good for cell regeneration. God, I hope so.

No news on the taste-buds. I'm increasing the variety of foods I'm eating, but nothing new has been registering. It's been only two weeks since r-therapy ended. I should be more patient. They did say it would take up to eight months for my sense of taste to recover.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home