Kevin's Dead Cat

After surgery sliced off an entire tumor and 1/3 of my tongue, plus six weeks of radiation therapy, I've been re-learning how to eat, drink, and talk with my newly re-constructed tongue and coping with side effects. But the cancer came back and I don't know what's going to happen next.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

I don't want life to imitate art. I want life to be art.

Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Back in the hood

It's my first night in the loft, and it's COLD! But I'm very happy. My shower still doesn't have a door, so I have to mop up afterwards. I ordered a space heater and it should be delivered on Saturday along with my stove. The plumbers left a wooden platform that I'm going to confiscate and turn into a coffee table. It may be time to buy one of those electric sanding machines. For Christmas this year, all I want are gift certificates to Home Depot or Lowe's.

Went to Cole's tonight and hung out with my boss, Tom B., who's in town for the week, and becoming a semi-regular. He stops in everytime he's down from Northern CA. He's even taken in an I See Hawks show. Hung out with Leslie, Big Eric, Allan, Ali, and John. There was no band tonight, so it was pretty quiet.

I'm really going to love being back.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was really good seeing you, Allan, Ali and Big E last night. I miss you guys. I was really glad to see you are doing well and are in good spirits. I will show my face more often for sure. I can't wait to see it your loft again too. I'm sure its coming along nicely. Take care grrrrl. - John L

December 09, 2004 1:10 PM  
Blogger clowny said...

It was great seeing you, too. I only wish we had more time to catch up. But I'm sure we'll talk at the Christmas Party next weekend. Just remember, "Chicks are crazy."

December 09, 2004 2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home