Kevin's Dead Cat

After surgery sliced off an entire tumor and 1/3 of my tongue, plus six weeks of radiation therapy, I've been re-learning how to eat, drink, and talk with my newly re-constructed tongue and coping with side effects. But the cancer came back and I don't know what's going to happen next.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

I don't want life to imitate art. I want life to be art.

Monday, December 06, 2004

Girl, who did that to your neck!

That's what one of the crackheads in the neighborhood said to me the other day. I just said, "You should see the other guy." A group of them hang out nearly every day by the gate where I cross to my parking garage. That's how they recognize me, and they nod sometimes when I walk by. So on the positive side, you could say that Cancer has given me street cred.

Bought an electric stove tonight. Nothing sexy, just a white, self-cleaning, GE model. Since the building owner is deducting the cost from my rent, it's not really going to be mine anyway. If it were, I would've gotten the $700 stainless steel model to match my refrigerator.

They're supposed to finish up the shower tomorrow afternoon, and if all goes well, I'll be spending the night tomorrow. I'm still going back and forth on window treatments vs. trees. It's just that I would need custom drapes made because the windows are so BIG (74x144").

Unpacked my jazz CDs last night before the party. Spent an hour lying on my new bed blasting Johnny Hartman and Chet Baker. It sounded so great in that big ol' space. Ahh yes, the sweet smell of solitude is getting stronger and stronger.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Girl, I'm so sorry for not being in closer touch with you lately. I feel terrible about it. You should know that I have been thinking of you a lot though. Each time I look at the little rubber yellow band on my wrist I think of you, my father (who passed on from a form of cancer in '97), my brother who survived two different cancer battles, and countless others that I have been close to over the years and the struggles they had. I will try to stop by Cole’s more often to visit you and the rest of my Cole’s family of friends. I know I said it before but call me out on it and I’ll show for sure! Take care and be well.
John L. (former Cole’s Crew favorite, now.. well, lets see if I can be a fav again)

December 07, 2004 5:49 PM  
Blogger clowny said...

Fuggetaboutit! I've been MIA from Cole's the past few weeks myself because of side-effects, so stop being such a chick. However, I do plan on being there tonight so maybe I'll let you buy me my first drink since radiation ended. Too bad the Hawks already played they're last show of the year. Hope I see you tonight.

December 08, 2004 9:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi blogger:)

Thanks a lot for providing and organizing this blog... It is something of great value for those interested on this subject...

Regards,
work at home make money

March 16, 2006 8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home