Kevin's Dead Cat

After surgery sliced off an entire tumor and 1/3 of my tongue, plus six weeks of radiation therapy, I've been re-learning how to eat, drink, and talk with my newly re-constructed tongue and coping with side effects. But the cancer came back and I don't know what's going to happen next.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

I don't want life to imitate art. I want life to be art.

Monday, December 20, 2004

Neck update

Here's probably the last photo of the year. This is the neck almost a month after the end of radiation treatments. The swelling is going down (verry slowly but surely), the redness has been replaced with a very dark mocha color, and there are splotches of normal skin color closer to my ears.

I discovered that I have to keep avoiding citrus for a while longer. I sampled some fruitcake yesterday and a dried orange peel dipped in chocolate today. The citrus was just too much for my throat and I spent nearly 30 minutes trying not to cough up a lung.

I was in a really wierd mood today. I think it's emotional exhaustion from the weekend. Between the excitement of tasting beer and getting a new dining set on one extreme, to listening to divorce drama from three of my friends on the other extreme, maybe I should spend some time in one of those sensory depravation tanks for a couple of hours.

Is it the holidays? Because recently, everybody has been asking my advice on problems they're having with their significant other. I know it's not the case, but it's starting to feel like there aren't ANY happy couples out there. And when the hell did I become an expert on relationships?

1 Comments:

Blogger DyingBurningFighting said...

I hope all goes well with you. I've had three relatives with cancer. I know it can being horribly hard. You seem to be a strong and optimistic person though. I wish you well.

December 21, 2004 10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home