Kevin's Dead Cat

After surgery sliced off an entire tumor and 1/3 of my tongue, plus six weeks of radiation therapy, I've been re-learning how to eat, drink, and talk with my newly re-constructed tongue and coping with side effects. But the cancer came back and I don't know what's going to happen next.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

I don't want life to imitate art. I want life to be art.

Saturday, July 30, 2005

Popping in, For now

The past four weeks have been a blur; eee-eye, eee-eye, ooo. This morning was the first time I woke-up with James out of the apartment; eee-eye, eee-eye, ooo. Still hating my life (clap, clap, clap). But hurting everyone would be worse (stomp, stomp, stomp).

So when I can no longer stand the mental torture and I can only palliative care, bring it on

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay!
Really good to see a post from you!
I know this has been a terrifically difficult struggle for you.
Thanks for mustering the energy and strength to post!

July 30, 2005 8:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Laura! So good to see a new post from you! I've been worried. Take care!

July 31, 2005 12:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laura - you amaze us all. I think about you all the time. Paul

August 02, 2005 2:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Laura:

I've been thinking about you all the time. Just wanted to say hello and that I love you...Say hi to James.

August 04, 2005 4:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

James/Laura, Is the Chemo working?

August 05, 2005 6:14 AM  
Blogger clowny said...

I'll be completing my 4cycle of chemo today. Then Dr. B wants to schedule a consultation before the next cycle, about 3 weeks later.

He showed some concern because the swelling in my neck hasn't gone away. Dr. M. had mentioned concern about the dead cells that I've been clearing around the actual tumor. He said that may be good news because the dead cells could be cancer cells. But Dr. B. thought they were a bad sign. Once again, we just don't know for sure.

More to tell on the next post.

August 06, 2005 4:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Blog! I also have a site about three cheese macaroni and cheese
. You can check it out at three cheese macaroni and cheese



Also, as a thank you for visiting my site, I'd like to tell you about a great site that is giving away a FREE DVD Camcorder! Just click the following link and enter your Zipcode to see if the promotion is available in your area!

FREE DVD Camcorder

October 25, 2005 8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home