Kevin's Dead Cat

After surgery sliced off an entire tumor and 1/3 of my tongue, plus six weeks of radiation therapy, I've been re-learning how to eat, drink, and talk with my newly re-constructed tongue and coping with side effects. But the cancer came back and I don't know what's going to happen next.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

I don't want life to imitate art. I want life to be art.

Monday, June 13, 2005

Soup and Sympathy

After James left, Celia dropped by. Nurse Marilou also checked up on me, and (regal trumpet flourish) Adam came by around lunchtime. While Agnieszka went over security procedures with the new laptop, Adam and Celia went to the Penthouse to score some food for me.

It also gave Agnieszka and I a chance to talk over how borderline depressed I'd been feeling because I'm not eating as much. She's so great for that. When Adam and Celia came back, he brought some red roasted bell pepper and basil soup that was sooo fantastic. It was a little acidic, but the peach flavored Kefir took care of that little discomfort. So I ended up eating so much this afternoon that I felt nauseous, which believe me is good news. Once again, Adam comes between me and disaster. Then we chilled over FoodTV, which also lifted my spirits, and I took a much needed nap.

Chuck e-mailed me from Endland today. He and Giorgia sound so happy now that they're living in the same city again. They're supposed to take a road trip soon to Paris and hookup with Andy and Cat. I miss those guys sooooo much.

James came home with a new plant that has little yellow and pink orchids. He's so wonderful.

Today was a pretty good day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home