Kevin's Dead Cat

After surgery sliced off an entire tumor and 1/3 of my tongue, plus six weeks of radiation therapy, I've been re-learning how to eat, drink, and talk with my newly re-constructed tongue and coping with side effects. But the cancer came back and I don't know what's going to happen next.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

I don't want life to imitate art. I want life to be art.

Thursday, May 12, 2005

Waiting to Inhale

The breathing problems I was having Tuesday night popped up this afternoon. The morphine and the Anzamet kept me drowsy from lunch time until 4:30 this afternoon. But for whatever reason, I had another phlegm attack, and couldn't breathe lying down. So, again, I stacked every pillow in the apartment against the wall, and crashed out sitting straight up.

All this drowsiness is getting in the way of my meal plan. I only had the bowl of oatmeal and a blueberry protein shake today. By the time I was done cutting up some watermelon it was too late to eat it since I have to take the Chinese herbal liquid on an empty stomach. But I suppose I should be thankful that I still want to eat.

The nausea was bad around 11:30 this morning, but then subsided all of the sudden. I just wish all the medication didn't make me so tired all the time. Chuck, Andrew, and Catherine are leaving for Europe this weekend, and I really wanted to cook dinner for them. But I barely have the strength right now to bake a cake. I was also too tired to call Big Eric's contact at Cedars-Sinai.

Originally, Dr. B said he wanted to schedule 10 chemo sessions every 3 weeks. Instead, he changed it to every 28 days. June 8th will be my next scheduled session. Except for early this morning, I haven't needed the fast-acting morphine all day. I hope that's a good sign.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home