Kevin's Dead Cat

After surgery sliced off an entire tumor and 1/3 of my tongue, plus six weeks of radiation therapy, I've been re-learning how to eat, drink, and talk with my newly re-constructed tongue and coping with side effects. But the cancer came back and I don't know what's going to happen next.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

I don't want life to imitate art. I want life to be art.

Thursday, May 12, 2005

Day 1 after chemo

Last night was the best night's sleep I've had in a very, very long time. I had no problems breathing, the morphine did it's job, and I only woke up once to go to the restroom. I felt so rested that I was able to do yoga before breakfast. But at the end of my session, I got a slight headache. On some poses where I had to arch my back I did hear some wheezing from the back of my throat. So I took some oxygen while fixing oatmeal. Not sure if it helped, though.

So after taking 10 capsules of vitamins, herbal medicine, and medication, and half a bowl of oats, I started feeling nauseous and a little light-headed. My anti-nausea medicine is the stuff that makes me light-headed. But it wasn't very bad. I hope that means that the herbal stuff is doing its job.

The hospice doctor is scheduled to visit next Tuesday. I'm supposed to get in touch with Big Eric's contact at Cedars Sinai, and there's still a stack of thank you cards to get through. So I really should stop staring at wedding photos and get to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home