Kevin's Dead Cat

After surgery sliced off an entire tumor and 1/3 of my tongue, plus six weeks of radiation therapy, I've been re-learning how to eat, drink, and talk with my newly re-constructed tongue and coping with side effects. But the cancer came back and I don't know what's going to happen next.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

I don't want life to imitate art. I want life to be art.

Sunday, December 26, 2004

Scored the electric sander, now all I need are safety goggles

Between chicken enchiladas and champagne with my neighbors, and the annual Filipino Foodfest with my immediate and extended family, I pretty much ate and drank my way right through Jesus' Birthday.

I made almond biscotti but could only taste the almonds. It made the apartment smell very festive, though. My cousin Rolly made away with a whole Tupperware-full since I forgot to bring them out when I first arrived. I also made some blackberry scones for breakfast this morning. I could taste only a little bit of the berries, but definitely the dough.

I can taste champagne! Leslie had bottles of the stuff, and since I live right across the hall, I took advantage. But I'm also grossing people out with the "freedom" of not being hampered by a sense of taste. Combinations like brownies & beer. After a slice of flan I couldn't taste, I ate stew out of the same bowl and detected residual caramel sauce after a few spoons. Wierd.

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and Hanukkah. Like me, I hope you were all able to spend the holidays with the people you love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home