Kevin's Dead Cat

After surgery sliced off an entire tumor and 1/3 of my tongue, plus six weeks of radiation therapy, I've been re-learning how to eat, drink, and talk with my newly re-constructed tongue and coping with side effects. But the cancer came back and I don't know what's going to happen next.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

I don't want life to imitate art. I want life to be art.

Sunday, June 12, 2005

Just Like Starting Over

The 2nd cycle of Chemo has begun. After the transfusions on Wednesday, I took Xeloda and Anazet pills for four days. That ended this morning. The past few days have been rough because of all the phglem and fatigue. Plus, experimenting with morphine and anti-anxiety drug dosage has been no picnic.

I made double chocolate ice cream last night. What I could taste of it came out verry well. I'm still losing tissue, and nothing tastes the same. So along with the juices I've been drinking to be healthy, the bad stuff, like the ice cream, is helping maintain my weight. There's also an appetite booster that's helping me eat more.

There's no such thing as normalcy anymore, which sucks for a creature of habit. They keep saying chemo treatments are the worse because of the fatigue and nausea. I'm always nodding off in front of the computer and the TV. So I'd better lie down for a few minutes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home