Kevin's Dead Cat

After surgery sliced off an entire tumor and 1/3 of my tongue, plus six weeks of radiation therapy, I've been re-learning how to eat, drink, and talk with my newly re-constructed tongue and coping with side effects. But the cancer came back and I don't know what's going to happen next.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

I don't want life to imitate art. I want life to be art.

Friday, May 20, 2005

West misses East

It takes a stay in the hospital for me to appreciate how much the anti-acidity, herbals, and just the little things I eat and drink at home help me so much more.

I rinsed my with water yesterday and it felt so acidic on my tongue. Just looking at its surface makes me very anxious because of the changes; I really feel it could've been alleviated, if not avoided, if I hadn't stopped the protocols during my hospital stay.

I miss the Food Network, the Travel Channel, HGTV, all of it. I have my Jack Kornfield CDs, magazines that James brings me and some ok cable channels here, but some elderly ICU patients in my wing had a really rough night. I wasn't able to sleep until 5 this morning.

I miss my friends, my building, the office, and the bar.

I also want to starting getting creative again. I finished knitting the purple scarf long ago. The plants are flourishing, and we're both itching to try out the gifts we received from the Home Depot.

But this tracheostomy procedure caught everyone by surprise. And I hate setbacks, especially when they scare people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home