Kevin's Dead Cat

After surgery sliced off an entire tumor and 1/3 of my tongue, plus six weeks of radiation therapy, I've been re-learning how to eat, drink, and talk with my newly re-constructed tongue and coping with side effects. But the cancer came back and I don't know what's going to happen next.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

I don't want life to imitate art. I want life to be art.

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Tracheostomy, again

Laura and I went to see Dr McNicoll today about the breathing problems she's developed over the last few days. After checking her throat with an endoscope, he recommended she be admitted to the hospital and have a tracheostomy. She was admitted this evening and will have the operation Thursday morning. She will probably be coming home on Sunday. She had a tracheostomy as part of the battery of procedures during the first surgery. Dr McNicoll will insert a small tube in her neck at the same spot as the first time. She'll be able to open the tube any time she has problems breathing and close it when she talks. The doctor said it should be a simple procedure and she'll be awake shortly afterwards.

James

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for keeping us informed James. Get well soon, Laura. We love you.

May 19, 2005 2:41 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

take care, James and Laura...

May 19, 2005 10:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting this, James. Give Laura my best when you get a chance - take care - Agnieszka

May 19, 2005 11:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for keeping us up to date James. Please give Laura my love, and let me know if there's anything I can do to help out.
Sol

May 19, 2005 5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home