Kevin's Dead Cat

After surgery sliced off an entire tumor and 1/3 of my tongue, plus six weeks of radiation therapy, I've been re-learning how to eat, drink, and talk with my newly re-constructed tongue and coping with side effects. But the cancer came back and I don't know what's going to happen next.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

I don't want life to imitate art. I want life to be art.

Thursday, May 19, 2005

Surgery is over

Laura had the tracheostomy this morning and is feeling much better. She was able to sleep well overnight and felt much better this morning even before the surgery--so much better she tried to talk Dr McNicoll out of it, but he still recommended she go through with the operation to avoid any problems in the future. She will be in the hospital until Sunday. Thanks everyone for your kind words and thoughts.

James

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi James & Laura -
I'm so glad to read that Laura is breathing better. I can't even imagine what the two of you are going through these days. I want you both to know you're in my (warm) thoughts constantly. I also want you to know that I'm here to help if you need me. Something you should know James... I'm very handy and I have a bunch of my own tools. If you need help doing some of the handy-work around the loft just say the word and I'll come help out.
John L.

May 19, 2005 8:17 PM  
Blogger clowny said...

How great are you? Thank you for the offer, John. Based on the mezzanine plans we end up going with, I'm considering inviting a handful of the manly-men who have volunteered their help, and having a "barn-raising" type day.

Would you be up for a day of construction if I was the chef-on-call? It's been a while since we had a dinner party, much less a pizza night.

May 23, 2005 8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home