Kevin's Dead Cat

After surgery sliced off an entire tumor and 1/3 of my tongue, plus six weeks of radiation therapy, I've been re-learning how to eat, drink, and talk with my newly re-constructed tongue and coping with side effects. But the cancer came back and I don't know what's going to happen next.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

I don't want life to imitate art. I want life to be art.

Friday, May 20, 2005

Play nice until I get back

Thanks to everyone who's sent their best wishes. I've been told taht the airway is healing well, which was my main concern coming out of chemo. The tongue and jaw is still hurting, but brathing is no problem. And the hospice staff said that if anyone give me any guff about morphine requests, tell them to call the hospice. I won't be receiving visitorss until Saturday. By then I hope to have the smaller trache installed. I still don't know when they'll let me drink and eat again.

I've got a weird neighbor whose computer plays a drumroll sometimes. Otherwise the staff is great, my parents have visited, and James hangs out every afternoon until visiting hours are over. So everything is as peachy as can be expected considering I've got another hole in my throat. Everyone play nice with James while I'm gone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home