Kevin's Dead Cat

After surgery sliced off an entire tumor and 1/3 of my tongue, plus six weeks of radiation therapy, I've been re-learning how to eat, drink, and talk with my newly re-constructed tongue and coping with side effects. But the cancer came back and I don't know what's going to happen next.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

I don't want life to imitate art. I want life to be art.

Friday, May 20, 2005

Visitors

After having spent a great afternoon practicing trache-care skills, getting cleaned up, rested, and gaining some confidence, I spotted Allan in all his Laker sweatpants glory standing outside of my ICU room. I couldn't believe my eyes. Especially considering how much he hates hospitals.

He and Ali came for a visit and I went from feeling 100% better to 300% better. Romain Clifton from Social Services came by as well, and was able to meet some of the folks she's been reading about on the blog. I love them so much. They came at a perfect time, too. I was feeling much stronger and I was able to ease their worrying. Of course, they tried to score meds when my morphine showed up. I still haven't come down from their visit hours ago.

Then Agnieszka,Shabnaz, Cari and Gina stopped by after work, and I was even happier. I could've flown home because seeing everyone again really helped. I can't wait until tomorrow's visits.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you are feeling better Laura. You are in my thoughts and prayers. We love you -- cousin Mini.

May 22, 2005 2:35 AM  
Blogger clowny said...

Chuck, thank you for your post. It sounds like you're doing well, and I'm glad.

You pop into my head every time I drive up Sunset and and see Downbeat Cafe. Do you ever go there? I've only had their coffee, but the music is very cool.

You stay strong, too.

Laura

May 25, 2005 10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home