Kevin's Dead Cat

After surgery sliced off an entire tumor and 1/3 of my tongue, plus six weeks of radiation therapy, I've been re-learning how to eat, drink, and talk with my newly re-constructed tongue and coping with side effects. But the cancer came back and I don't know what's going to happen next.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

I don't want life to imitate art. I want life to be art.

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Too bad Adam doesn't have this kind of video camera

Today's appointment at Kaiser was with Gretchen, a speech pathologist. She took me to X-ray and video-taped me drinking apple juice and bananas treated with some milky white stuff so they can track it on the X-ray machine. Sooooo wierd. I saw my skull and teeth chewing away on the banana slice, then followed it down my esophagus through the rib cage.

If it was anyone else I'm sure I would've been fascinated. Instead I got creeped out.

But she was very happy with how well I was doing so soon after surgery. There were a few swallowing procedures that Vicki gave me while I was still in the hospital. I'm glad they helped. The last thing my morale needs is to have a feeding tube installed so soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home