Kevin's Dead Cat

After surgery sliced off an entire tumor and 1/3 of my tongue, plus six weeks of radiation therapy, I've been re-learning how to eat, drink, and talk with my newly re-constructed tongue and coping with side effects. But the cancer came back and I don't know what's going to happen next.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

I don't want life to imitate art. I want life to be art.

Sunday, May 22, 2005

Home

Got back about an hour ago after spending an exasperating day waiting for more trach-related equipment to arrive. Missed "The Revenge of the Sith" opening weekend. But with the new breathing hardware installed, I'm feeling very Vader today. Just ignore my moments of gurgly coughing.

So, now we're going to spend a romantic evening setting up my electric bed with the oxygen tanks, air compressors, and other machines and equipment that allow me to live at home. I missed James so much while I was at the hospital; nevermind that he visited me every day. I'm still getting used to the butterflies in my stomach when he refers to me as his wife, or tells someone, "I'm Laura's husband."

Gotta go cook a much missed organic, pro alkaline-type meal and get some rest.

Thank you everybody for your emails, comments, and best wishes. Before you know it, I'll be back at Cole's on a regular basis. So you see, the surgery is going to help me stay well longer and you won't need to worry so much.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY! Welcome home Laura and can't wait to see you out and about again...Amy

May 23, 2005 12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home