Kevin's Dead Cat

After surgery sliced off an entire tumor and 1/3 of my tongue, plus six weeks of radiation therapy, I've been re-learning how to eat, drink, and talk with my newly re-constructed tongue and coping with side effects. But the cancer came back and I don't know what's going to happen next.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

I don't want life to imitate art. I want life to be art.

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Haggis

Adam organized an amazing Scottish dinner in my honor. I just thought we were going to have haggis, which I've always been curious about, but it turned into Scotch, ceremony, poetry, bagpipes, and one of the most wonderful dinner parties ever.

Adam, Ali, Chuck, and Andrew wore kilts. They dressed me up in a Highlander drum major outfit, the guys "played" bagpipes, and we paraded the haggis around the penthouse before the ceremonial cutting, complete with Robert Burns. It was insane!

The food was wonderful, though it wasn't true haggis because it wasn't cooked in a sheep's stomach. But the Scotch was plenty authentic!!! We took a lot of pictures, the last five of which I don't remember posing for. The guys took off their underwear for the sake of authenticity. Catherine, Megan, and I did the same... for the sake of authenticity. Kimberly was the only holdout. That's okay, though. We'll get her in Vegas.

The next morning I remembered where my underwear went, but I don't know how I got home.

Pictures to follow.



4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

DAMN!!! That sounded like some serious fun! Can't wait for the pictures. - John L

April 06, 2005 5:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laura (aka-Larua), I miss you!!!
:)

April 07, 2005 9:48 AM  
Blogger clowny said...

i miss you, too, G!

April 07, 2005 11:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm jealous I wasn't invited

April 18, 2005 10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home