Kevin's Dead Cat

After surgery sliced off an entire tumor and 1/3 of my tongue, plus six weeks of radiation therapy, I've been re-learning how to eat, drink, and talk with my newly re-constructed tongue and coping with side effects. But the cancer came back and I don't know what's going to happen next.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

I don't want life to imitate art. I want life to be art.

Thursday, March 03, 2005

Scared, Part III

Maria from Dr. McNicoll's office just called. Anthony told her how I was, and she asked me if I wanted to see Dr. McNicoll the same day I'm scheduled to see Radiation/Oncology. Very tempting. But I said no. After all, if the Radiation doctor says there are no new carcinomas under my tongue, that should be ok. I just need more codeine.

But I told Maria that I'd check in with her on Monday if I change my mind. She's so great.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there - I've been MIA b/c of my moving into a new place and my fight with the flu. Sorry to hear about the scares you have been having. One thing to look forward to is my house warming party. It will be the last weekend of March. I'll email you with details. Take care girl!! - John L.

March 08, 2005 8:04 AM  
Blogger clowny said...

Sorry about the flu; but, congratulations on the new place. Count me in for the housewarming. But do I have to wait that long to see you two again?

Have Paloma call me if she needs help with finger food. Speaking of which, I lost my cell phone yesterday, which means I lost your number. E-mail it to me later.

L.

March 08, 2005 12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home