Kevin's Dead Cat

After surgery sliced off an entire tumor and 1/3 of my tongue, plus six weeks of radiation therapy, I've been re-learning how to eat, drink, and talk with my newly re-constructed tongue and coping with side effects. But the cancer came back and I don't know what's going to happen next.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

I don't want life to imitate art. I want life to be art.

Friday, February 18, 2005

Only a Flesh Wound

For the past few days a small part of my real tongue has been getting scratched up. Since the swelling on the back-left area pushes the front-right area against my teeth, there's been some irritation. And all the chocolate chip cookies and toasted bread I've been eating don't help either.

It doesn't look bad, otherwise Dr. Lam would've jumped right on it. But I can't sleep now because it's the way my tongue felt before the tumor was diagnosed.

It's probably ridiculous to worry since it's only been 2 months since radiation therapy ended and any cancerous cells would've been zapped. Besides, I've been taking flaxseed, watercress, loads of vitamin A, and haven't so much as said "whiskey" or "cigar" since the surgery. So I'm just worrying over nothing, right? I've finally gotten my sense of taste back. I don't want to have to go through radiation and lose it all over again.

I made an appointment with Radiation Oncology for March 11th. I wish it was sooner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home