Kevin's Dead Cat

After surgery sliced off an entire tumor and 1/3 of my tongue, plus six weeks of radiation therapy, I've been re-learning how to eat, drink, and talk with my newly re-constructed tongue and coping with side effects. But the cancer came back and I don't know what's going to happen next.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

I don't want life to imitate art. I want life to be art.

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

My Not-So-Dirty Little Mouth

I had my dental appointment with Dr. Lam this morning. We hadn't seen each other since she sent me off to get biopsy-ed back in June. It was quite the love-fest when I first arrived because she had been reading the blog, and I just love her and her assistant Julianne. They had sent me a Christmas card this past year.

So I got my teeth cleaned and polished, and scored a prescription for more fluoride gel. Dr. Lam is MUCH more gentle with the chiseling machine than those fiends at UCLA.

Turns out it wasn't wine and coffee that's been staining my teeth, it's the damn fluoride gel. Dr. Lam said she would call Dr. Soltani about cutting my fluoride treatments to every other day rather than every day. Otherwise, she said my hygeine is fantastic.

Julianne, flossed my teeth after the polishing... unexpected. I sat in the comfy chair with the neck pillow wishing she could floss my teeth every night.

Dr. Lam suggested that I buy an electric toothbrush because of the plaque. So in 5-7 business days I will be the proud owner of a Sonicare Elite 7500 Power Toothbrush.

If I can help it, I will never go back to UCLA dental again. It's just so much nicer at Dr. Lam's. I walked to her office from home rather than driving way the hell out to Westwood, I didn't have to wait 45 minutes in a crowded waiting room, and everyone should have Chinese artwork in their offices (did I mention that Dr. Lam has a beautifully decorated office in the Fine Arts Building downtown?) .

I LOVE MY DOCTORS!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home