Kevin's Dead Cat

After surgery sliced off an entire tumor and 1/3 of my tongue, plus six weeks of radiation therapy, I've been re-learning how to eat, drink, and talk with my newly re-constructed tongue and coping with side effects. But the cancer came back and I don't know what's going to happen next.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

I don't want life to imitate art. I want life to be art.

Thursday, December 30, 2004

Non-stop foodfest

All week long, I've been holing-up at my place with a refrigerator and pantry full of provisions to outlast storms and seiges. The lightning storm Tuesday night was outstanding, especially with my tall windows and no drapes. I'm really just posting for the photo I took of the sunrise the next morning (using the crappy camera I got free from Earthlink DSL).

So I've been cooking and eating pizzas, spaghetti and meatballs, biscotti, frittati, oatmeal, tofu soup, pancakes, and drinking wine and beer. Yet I still managed to lose 2 lbs. this week. I know it's because I'm still working out. But I can't not workout. It keeps my morale up.

I'll try more beer and pastries this week. My parents' Myer lemon tree is bearing fruit, so I'll make some lemon bars, lemon-lime curd, and limoncello. If that doesn't work, I'll live on foccacia all next week.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

recipes pls, ms. clowny?
..that's not a bad photo at all, considering.
happy new year!

December 31, 2004 6:05 AM  
Blogger clowny said...

Recipes, eh? Okay, here's one for my favorite frittata:

2 eggs
2 egg yolks
1/8 c. half and half
1 T. olive oil
1 1/2 c. leftover pasta w/marinara sauce
pinch salt
freshly ground pepper
1/3 c. chopped fresh basil
1/3 c. chopped fresh parsley
1/2 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 c. grated asiago and parmigiano reggiano

Preheat broiler on high.

Lightly scramble eggs, egg yolks and half and half. Heat 1 T. olive oil in a non-stick omelet pan or cast-iron skillet. Quickly heat leftover pasta over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and pour egg mixture over pasta, tilt and stir occasionally to cook eggs.

Sprinkle salt, pepper, parsley, basil, and mozzarella cheese over partially cooked omelet. Place pan underneath the broiler until cheese is melted and eggs are cooked (about 30-60 seconds depending on broiler).

Sprinkle asiago and parmigiano over cooked omelet and dig in.

Happy New Year!

December 31, 2004 1:39 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

hee hee ms. clowny...actually i meant the lemon recipes but thanks for this too! i haven't tried this frittata; this would make a yumyum change fr the same old pinoy omelette.
your "metamorphosis" photos are amazing you know...take care!

January 03, 2005 11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home