Kevin's Dead Cat

After surgery sliced off an entire tumor and 1/3 of my tongue, plus six weeks of radiation therapy, I've been re-learning how to eat, drink, and talk with my newly re-constructed tongue and coping with side effects. But the cancer came back and I don't know what's going to happen next.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

I don't want life to imitate art. I want life to be art.

Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Dinner and dancing

Last night's cheesecakes didn't register. So, in my new quest to taste something - ANYTHING - I sought the assistance of PigDog Journal's "Dining at the Deathwave Grill" column. Unfortunately, there are only two recipes I can attempt without landing in jail. Historically, I've referred to this favorite website of mine for their "Spocktails of the Week" recipes, but these days I'm too lazy to score 'shrooms or Vicodin.

My 2004-2005 season tickets for the Ahmanson Theatre arrived this morning! I subscribed so long ago I almost forgot about them (was it in May?). So now I have "Caroline , or Change", "As You Like It", Matthew Bourne's "Play Without Words", and "Anything Goes" to look forward to.

More good news. Leonard Cohen has a new CD out today, "Dear Heather". I love him, but is he EVER going to write a song about a girl- ANY girl- named Laura?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home