Kevin's Dead Cat

After surgery sliced off an entire tumor and 1/3 of my tongue, plus six weeks of radiation therapy, I've been re-learning how to eat, drink, and talk with my newly re-constructed tongue and coping with side effects. But the cancer came back and I don't know what's going to happen next.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

I don't want life to imitate art. I want life to be art.

Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Viewer e-mail

Since I've been posting more frequently I've been getting more specific (and dare I say bolder) questions from blog regulars. I've also figured out from the questions who visits regularly, who bothers to check the comments, and who the biggest freaks are (get a life, Eric). So here we go:

- No, Smartasses. I don't know where you can get a Lance Armstrong bracelet these days. Cough up the $50 and go on eBay if you really want to send me over the edge.

- Batgirl because a couple of friends sent me a basket of recovery flowers signed "Spider-Man and the HULK" (inside jokes, don't worry about it). But the HULK decided to be Ali G this year and Spider-Man, he won't tell me. But since I can't find a decent Batgirl costume (but lots of lame Catwoman outfits), I've gotta figure something else out.

- I don't attend a yoga class in L.A., I do my own routine at home. I don't think I can even call it yoga anymore since it's a combination of yoga, pilates, and dance stretches I've mashed together throughout the years. I should probably name it something; what's sanskrit for "easily distracted"? Music: Velvet Underground, Leonard Cohen, or Ravi Shankar, depending on my mood.

- Yes, I'm staying at James' in Long Beach until my loft is ready. I'll find out more about when that will be on Friday. And no, we're not back together.

Also, entirely too many of you (4) think that you're the guy who "reads bad poetry to impress chicks". Hilarious. Especially since the person I was talking about hasn't said anything about the comment.

I caught crap from Team Slingblade today because I'm not supposed to lose weight during r-therapy. They threatened to stick a feeding tube in my stomach if I didn't cut it out. Bastards. So tonight we're having a big pot of turkey chili with lots of cumin and peppers. I also grabbed two bags of tortilla chips, a tub of sour cream and guacamole, AND I'm skipping yoga and drinking two glasses of chocolate milk tonight. That should get those fiends off my back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home