Kevin's Dead Cat

After surgery sliced off an entire tumor and 1/3 of my tongue, plus six weeks of radiation therapy, I've been re-learning how to eat, drink, and talk with my newly re-constructed tongue and coping with side effects. But the cancer came back and I don't know what's going to happen next.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

I don't want life to imitate art. I want life to be art.

Tuesday, October 19, 2004

I loooove the rain

Especially when it doesn't happen during my commute.

I had a special treat today. Sol, one of my colleagues at Boxerland, came along for my radiation treatment this afternoon. I know her primary goal was to hook-up with a young internist. But hey, I didn't want to be there either. So she came on board Galactica, watched the light show, and we scored lunch at the Burger King next door. It really helped having someone there. I didn't think it would, but it did. You're the best, Sol.

Turns out I was supposed to have blood tests my first day. But since I had to bring Sol back to the office we saved that for tomorrow. They weighed me again... yup, lost 2 more lbs. But that might change. The bakery nearby has a variety of mini-cakes, of which I buy at least two nearly each time I visit. Plus I've re-discovered chocolate milk. I was told that foods would begin to taste different. It's true. I'm craving things like lemon yogurt, caramel, and bell peppers. And I was never that crazy about them before. Things I used to have all the time, like dark chocolate, Diet Coke, and raspberry anything haven't even shown up on the radar.

There was a sale on seafood, so tonight it's paella. Here's a tip: if you like it spicy, but you don't want the seafood overpowered by regular chorizo, try Soyrizo (it's tofu, but it doesn't taste or feel like it). They sell it at Ralphs, but not all Vons or Albertsons carry it. Not bad with eggs either, and not as greasy as the real thing. Leannah clued me in on the stuff a long time ago.

Got an invitation to a Halloween party today. Should I make an effort and find a Batgirl costume? or be cheap and go as Lara Croft? Even worse, grab a white sheet with black circles sewn all over it and say I'm the Holy Ghost? But then I'd have to spend all night drinking with the Father and Son.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home