Kevin's Dead Cat

After surgery sliced off an entire tumor and 1/3 of my tongue, plus six weeks of radiation therapy, I've been re-learning how to eat, drink, and talk with my newly re-constructed tongue and coping with side effects. But the cancer came back and I don't know what's going to happen next.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

I don't want life to imitate art. I want life to be art.

Monday, October 25, 2004

Can't say they didn't warn me

Lost a couple more pounds, but Team Slingblade let it slide. I told them that the side effects kicked in this weekend. I had to take a long nap in the middle of Sunday, and the back of my throat feels like the Sahara.

I can't taste salt anymore. Sweet and bitter are still around. Can't taste bread, pasta, or tortillas. But strangely, I can taste egg noodles. Coffee drinks are still good, along with coffee flavored yogurt and chocolate milk. In the interest of being able to still fit into the new clothes I got 2 weeks ago, I bought strawberry cheesecake, chocolate covered cheesecake, and a brownie on the way home (dinner's ready!).

In loft news, the electricity is finished. The plumbers should be done by Wednesday, and hopefully the inspectors will clear things by Friday or Monday. I was hoping to spend the night Tuesday so I wouldn't have to worry about driving all the way down to Long Beach after the election night parties/riots.

Trying to keep my spirits up. Did you know that depression is rage turned inward? That's what I get for being generally non-confrontational. Although I did lose it a little with the electrician when I stopped by the loft this afternoon. I know there's really nothing wrong with my state of mind that seclusion couldn't cure. That's what I miss the most, living alone. My three roommates are great, but I'm definitely having solitude withdrawel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home