Kevin's Dead Cat

After surgery sliced off an entire tumor and 1/3 of my tongue, plus six weeks of radiation therapy, I've been re-learning how to eat, drink, and talk with my newly re-constructed tongue and coping with side effects. But the cancer came back and I don't know what's going to happen next.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

I don't want life to imitate art. I want life to be art.

Saturday, September 04, 2004

Family Day

My brother and sister took me to the movies this afternoon. I went out into the public in all my swollen and bandaged glory. It wasn't too bad. No babies crying at the sight of me, or cars comedically hitting the center divider. We saw "Hero" at the OG Town Center. It was beautiful, the first time I saw a Jet Li and Zhang Yimou movie in the theater.

Did a load of laundry and completely wore myself out. I don't think I'm drinking enough of those cans of liquid nutrients that they sent home with me. The feeding tube is out, but I can still only take liquids. I'm supposed to have 2 cans, three times a day, but I'm really only taking 2 a day. Hopefully, I'll be able to have pizza next weekend.

Since the wheezing through my tracheotomy hole is getting louder and whistley-er, I guess the opening is getting smaller and healing. The neck is stiff, but my left arm is getting stronger. Today I put my hair up in a ponytail in less than 10 minutes. That's my life for now, small victories.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home