Kevin's Dead Cat

After surgery sliced off an entire tumor and 1/3 of my tongue, plus six weeks of radiation therapy, I've been re-learning how to eat, drink, and talk with my newly re-constructed tongue and coping with side effects. But the cancer came back and I don't know what's going to happen next.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

I don't want life to imitate art. I want life to be art.

Thursday, August 26, 2004

Laura's doing great!

We were able to see Laura in the ICU around 7 pm. She's stable, doing
really well, but sedated so she can rest. The doctors and nurses all
say the surgery was a success. She'll be kept unconsious for at least 24
more hours (as of 7 pm Thursday). While she can have visitors in the
ICU, it's not recommended as she needs lots of rest. She will probably
be moved to a regular room on Sunday or Monday. I'll post any new
updates as soon as I have them.

Laura's left me in charge of her blackberry for now, until she's able to
do these updates herself. Go ahead and email any questions to that
address. I'll do my best to answer all of your emails.

Take care,
James
--------------------------
Sent from my BlackBerry Wireless Handheld

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So happy that everything went well today for Laura. Thanks so much for the update. We're thinking about her.

Rose & Jim

August 26, 2004 10:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the good news - I’m so glad to hear Laura is doing well! Keep us posted! A.

August 27, 2004 9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home