Kevin's Dead Cat

After surgery sliced off an entire tumor and 1/3 of my tongue, plus six weeks of radiation therapy, I've been re-learning how to eat, drink, and talk with my newly re-constructed tongue and coping with side effects. But the cancer came back and I don't know what's going to happen next.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

I don't want life to imitate art. I want life to be art.

Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Home Sweet Home

So James drives me home, and the first thing I see is the case of wine I ordered before I went into the hospital! I'm sooo happy!

Took a much needed nap right away, and started returning email. So here are some general announcements:

1. Since I'm recuperating so fast, the information embargo is lifted. Go ahead and bring the cancer up in casual conversation, because it's gone-daddy-gone. But you should refer to me as Wolverine or (Dr. Blackwell's favorite) Wild Thing.

2. I won't be at the bar tomorrow night for the Hawks' return from the road. But I'll be thinking of them. Go to Cole's Wednesday night and watch a great L.A. band at a great L.A. bar.

3. I'm taking bids for rights to photos of my surgery wounds. The photo shoot is Thursday night at my place, so if there are any artists who need tracheotomy shots, needle bruises, skin graft scars... and more, you'd better hurry and place your bids. Exclusive rights to North America (James) and Eastern Europe and Scandinavia (Agnieszka) are already locked in.

4. I have no more synthetic drains, pipes, or tubes left on my body, Blackwell took them all out since McNicoll told him how much fun it was to change my tracheotomy tube without anesthesia. Those crazy guys. If you have really sick surgery questions (and as my friends I know you do), just post it to the blog. Right now, no solid food, I have to re-teach my tongue to do things like talk and swallow (I can hear all you guys at the bar giggling right about now).

Thanks again to everyone who e-mailed James while I was out. Give him a pat on the back and a large pepperoni with bell-peppers (or a sausage with black olives) next time you see him. I'm considering hiring him on as my press rep.

Talk to you soon.

Laura




3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wild thing, you make my heart sing!! ;)

Wish you the best,
Adri
Portugal

August 31, 2004 3:59 PM  
Blogger Angel said...

Hey James!
Got a large pepperoni with bell peppers, a sausage with black olives AND a couple pints of guinness for you. When you are done with those appetizers just tell us what you want for the main course....
I really appreciate everything you've done for Laura and the family. Thank you

Angel

September 01, 2004 8:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy a nice long well-deserved rest, Laura. Try not to watch the Republican Convention, you don't want your blood pressure going up too high. Anyway, we're glad you're recovering so quickly.

Serg & Merry

September 01, 2004 2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home