Kevin's Dead Cat

After surgery sliced off an entire tumor and 1/3 of my tongue, plus six weeks of radiation therapy, I've been re-learning how to eat, drink, and talk with my newly re-constructed tongue and coping with side effects. But the cancer came back and I don't know what's going to happen next.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

I don't want life to imitate art. I want life to be art.

Saturday, August 28, 2004

Laura's Awake!

Friday morning they took Laura off the respirator and she was breathing on her own
by 10 am--earlier than expected. Thursday night they had told me they would have
to keep her unconscious all day Friday, but she was doing so well that they let
her wake up a little. She was able to sleep most of the day on Friday.

Today, Saturday, she is wide awake and able to communicate by writing. She still
is taking alot of pain medicine and sleeping on and off. Her recovery is on, or
even ahead of, schedule.

She may be moved out of the ICU Sunday afternoon or Monday. I'll update the blog
as soon as I can. Laura's blackberry service has been a little inconsistent today
(hence the somewhat late update). In case you can't reach that address, you can
reach me directly at . Email me and I'll give
you her room number and any other information I can. You can also try calling Information
at Kaiser on Sunset Blvd for her room number.

take care,
James

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home