Kevin's Dead Cat

After surgery sliced off an entire tumor and 1/3 of my tongue, plus six weeks of radiation therapy, I've been re-learning how to eat, drink, and talk with my newly re-constructed tongue and coping with side effects. But the cancer came back and I don't know what's going to happen next.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

I don't want life to imitate art. I want life to be art.

Sunday, August 29, 2004

Laura's awake!

Friday morning they took Laura off the respirator and she was breathing
on her own by 1O am--earlier than expected. Thursday night they had told
me they would have to keep her unconscious all day Friday, but she was
doing so well that they let her wake up a little. Still, she slept most
of the day.

Today, Saturday, she is wide awake and able to communicate by writing.
She still is taking a lot of pain medicine and sleeping on and off. Her
recovery is on, or even ahead of, schedule.

She may be moved out of ICU Sunday afternoon, or Monday at the latest.
I'll update this blog as soon as I know. You can also email her
blackberry and I'll send you her room number (once I know it), or you
can call Information at Kaiser Sunset starting Sunday night.

Take care,
James
--------------------------
Sent from my BlackBerry Wireless Handheld

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home