Kevin's Dead Cat

After surgery sliced off an entire tumor and 1/3 of my tongue, plus six weeks of radiation therapy, I've been re-learning how to eat, drink, and talk with my newly re-constructed tongue and coping with side effects. But the cancer came back and I don't know what's going to happen next.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

I don't want life to imitate art. I want life to be art.

Thursday, August 05, 2004

Surgery Date Moved-up!

I love Dr. McNicoll!!!

I received a call from his office just now telling me that he was able to move up my surgery date from Aug 31st to Aug 26th. He found a colleague from UCLA to perform the reconstructive surgery. So Dr. Lueg is out and Dr. Blackwell is in. I'm meeting with him at UCLA on Aug 17th. Dr. McNicoll is still taking out the tumor, but Dr. Blackwell is doing the reconstruction on my tongue and the skin grafts on my arm and leg.

So I could possibly be home from the hospital September 1st. We still don't know if I will need some sort of radiation treatment after the surgery, but I'm trying to remain hopeful. Cross your fingers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home