Kevin's Dead Cat

After surgery sliced off an entire tumor and 1/3 of my tongue, plus six weeks of radiation therapy, I've been re-learning how to eat, drink, and talk with my newly re-constructed tongue and coping with side effects. But the cancer came back and I don't know what's going to happen next.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

I don't want life to imitate art. I want life to be art.

Monday, July 12, 2004

first day back at the office

Can't really relax at home with all the stuff that needs to get done at work, so I went in this morning. If I don't talk too much, I should be able to last the entire day.

I didn't sleep at all Friday night because of the pain. I took some Excedrin, but it didn't help much. But I did discover that soda and yoga brings down the swelling. So add empty cans of Diet Pepsi to the trail.

Just counting the hours until Friday's Tumor Board. Hopefully, the CT scan will show that the cancer is limited to the carcinoma they found on my tongue (most of which was sliced off for the biopsy). After the stitches heal, the first thing I'm going to do is eat a hard-shell taco.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do it!

July 14, 2004 12:43 PM  
Blogger Angel said...

King Taco or Ye Olde Taco Shoppe? Just say which one.

July 16, 2004 1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home